Monday, October 12, 2009

The Truth

I had a dream last night. The dream stemmed from a teaching that I had taught on Saturday about the truth, what/whom it was and why we need it. The teaching stemmed from a commercial that I kept seeing during the Red Sox versus Angels ALDS series on TBS. The commercial was for The Church of Scientology; now I do not agree with Scientology nor do I endorse it BUT... the commercial got me thinking. The commercial had passionate music and passionate words and ends with the phrase "we all have this emptiness that can only be filled with one thing...The Truth. I agree with that and that is what my teaching was about, The Truth - Christ.

This takes us to my dream. In my dream I was telling a group of people what made God so awesome, what I said in the dream never had occurred to me while I was conscious. In my dream I told the people that each one of us has an emptiness that is custom made for that individual. We all have different needs that need to be met, different sins that need grace, different hurts that need comfort, different hopes and dreams that need prayer and blessing and so on  and this is why God is so awesome. He custom makes himself to fit each one of those empty spots in our lives. No other God that I know of can be so many things to so many people. No other God that I know of can fit so many people into his life and desire nothing but mercy and love. No other God that I know of freely loves and expects nothing in return.

NO OTHER GOD.

Jesus truly is I AM....
Jesus truly is THE WAY...
Jesus truly is THE LIFE...
Jesus truly is THE TRUTH.... that custom fills our emptiness and that sets us free.

Food:
John 8.31-36 - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john%208.31-36&version=NIV

John 14.6 - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+14:6&version=NIV

Matthew 9.13 - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+9:13&version=NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment